Can occur when there is too little water around the propeller.
Can be due to several things.
- Incorrect pressure in tubes and floor
- Incorrect weight placement in the boat
- Conditions on the lake (usually occurs when riding the waves)
- Incorrect propeller
- Faulty motor (there are motors that have too short a rig)
- Remedy by checking the air pressure in the boat
- Tune / tilt the engine in and out to see where the best angle is
- You may need to “cuppa” ie bend the blades on the propeller (more water remains around the propeller)
- Mount a Hydrofoil plate on top of the engine cavitation plate (it allows more water to remain and provides earlier planing)
- Permatrim Hydrofoil Model M4 for 4-6hp and M5 for 8-20hp engines